Railroad Forums 

• March Madness (CSX looking like a used car lot)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#128004  by n01jd1

Here are some photos of CSX looking like a used car lot at Ridgefield Park, NJ 3/13/2005.

CSX 576 is on the point of Q-404 with HLCX 6330 in the new blue and white scheme, 2 green goats and a MP15AC.
http://n01jd1.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... ?id=132502

Here is a fall away shot of the two green goats.
http://n01jd1.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... ?id=132503

HLCX 5989, a former UP SD60 and HLCX 7182 on the point of Q-118.
http://n01jd1.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... ?id=132504

And GCFX 3112 on the point of Q-268
http://n01jd1.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... ?id=132505

Enjoy!!

#128016  by crazy_nip

adds some variety, I actually like it from an observers point of view

I imagine some of those leasers are pieces of junk however... you dont see them lead very often around here because of lack of radios

#128021  by AmtrakFan

I like it actually.

#128153  by CSX Conductor

crazy_nip wrote:I imagine some of those leasers are pieces of junk however... you dont see them lead very often around here because of lack of radios
True Nip. Many of the leasers even have markings in the cab that read "Trail Only" or "not to be used as lead". Fortunately for me the line between Boston & Selkirk requires cab signals and in the event there is lease power in the consist, it is in trail. :-)

#128849  by Robert Paniagua

I've al;so seen those mixed engines with CSX, especially in the Washington-Martinsburg, WV via Gaithersburg, MD (my old hometown) line. They not only have CSX, but mixes with GATX, or Other Railroad Carriers such as UP and even Guilford!!

So many leased units CSX takes care of...

#128912  by SRS125

I don't see to many lease units here between Syrause and Buffalo to much anymore been seeing lots of Union Pacific, CP Rail, CN, and BNSF. every so ofton there is a leaser or bandit in a train.

The weaidest consist that I have seen so far pulling an east bound Stack train that had an axle count of nearley 680 were the following units were as follows from point to end BNSF GP30, 2 CSX MP15DC's, 1 Ex UP GP15, 1 CSX SD38 W/ Slug, 1 Ex MPI SD40, and 1 IC SD70.

#128913  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i have yet to see a leased unit :( when i was in Framingham this past winter, i was hoping to see SD70MAC's in leased schemes, but nope.....only GP40-2's and 2 AC6000's, but i was happy to see the AC's cause all i see in my area are GP40-2's

#129111  by RSD15

SRS125 wrote:
The weaidest consist that I have seen so far pulling an east bound Stack train that had an axle count of nearley 680

Wow 680 axles on a stack train, I must have missed that one.that had to be around 3.5 miles long.how would you like to walk that one looking for a broken air hose?

#129150  by SRS125

I don't think I would make it back I'd call for a taxi or ask a railfan for a lift back to the head end.

My of the trains that have been runing in my area have been geting up in to the 600+ or more axle counts. This is not normal but I would think it has something to do with the slow down in traffic.

#131566  by PChap

We run tons of leased engines out of Savannah, guess it has something to do with the proximity to Waycross and it's locomotive servicing center there. I've only been on the rail with CSX since the first of this year but I can only recall a few instances where my consist didn't have at least one leased unit. Most of them we run have initials HLCX but I've seen many other intials as well. We also run a lot, and I mean a lot, of UP engines, a few BNSF, and I've been on one NS engine. I guess we're leasing those, I've been meaning to ask about them. Anybody knows what's up with those post it, I'm curious.

#131605  by SRS125

these are the leaseing Companys that I can rember seeing on CSX in years past:
ATGX, Ex BN Units---Don't see these much anymore.
HLCX, Don't see these anymore
HCLX, Ex Tronia, BN, BNSF, ATSF, DM&E, BCOL, LMS, NS. Units
LLPX, Ex EMD Units--Don't see these anymore
HLMX, Don't see these anymore
EMDX, Don't see these anymore
FURX, These pop on every so ofton
GCFX, Not seen to much any more
GECX, Don't see these anymore
LMSX, Don't see these anymore

These are the Railroads that I have seen leased to CSX Runing in NY.
Canadian National
Canadian Pacific
Burlington Northern Santa Fe
Norfolk Southern
Illinois Central
KCS
TFM
Union Pacific
Guilford