Railroad Forums 

• "Chester On Track" Saturday May 21, 2005

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#128883  by Dave Lieb

Chester On Track is mainly a family event, but many raifans are there as well. There is a parade early in the day down Main Street, which ends near the tracks. In years past there's been a CSX loco you can walk through and sit in the cab. There is a decent amount of rail activity throughout the day so have the scanners on at all times.

If you haven't been there, the old tower and roundhouse you see in alot of Chester pics are about 1/4 mi. to the west. Here's a link with more info.

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~shirleyb ... ester.html

#129261  by CSX Conductor

Dave Lieb wrote:In years past there's been a CSX loco you can walk through and sit in the cab.
I believe that last year a new Mac was on display, unfortunately due to the entire region being short of power, the only unti that we can spare will be on display, the CSXT #6532 . :P LOL

(Just kidding Nells, I'm sure they will still have a road unit there. :wink: )

#129367  by NellsChoo

They did spare 2 engines, much to people's delight. It didn't show up until after noon, though, and Todd and I thought we missed it! But they did show up, and lots of people walked through them, taking photos as they went. I hope to post some photos on NErail soon.

JD