Railroad Forums 

• Atlas re-issuing AEM-7 in 2015

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1282664  by epspsy

Got an news email from Atlas this week that they are reissuing the Aem's in the first quarter of 2015 - should bring joy to some...
but the preliminary drawings do not reveal ditch lights. Just wondering if anyone has installed ditches in the atlas loco'\s
EPS :-)
 #1284365  by glennk419

In addition to new numbers for Amtrak and NJT, they going to be doing some fantasy "Heritage" liveries including Reading, Lackawanna, PRR Congressional, Great Northern and Milwaukee. Ironic that they didn't include New Haven in the bunch.

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOLoco/hoaem7a.htm
 #1286393  by ApproachMedium

Ditch lights are a pain, but can be done. With the help of a friend, we have done just that. Loco has working ditch lights, markers, strobes everything on both ends. I believe there are only 5 of these in existence that we did. Two I sold to someone out west, one was this one (the first prototype we did up) and the other two were sold to another friend here in NJ. The last two there ended up back in my possession when i purchased the collection. I kept the one and the other was sold to a friend down the shore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su5Bkim ... XEWcAtheUQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;