Railroad Forums 

• Confusing Email from CSX

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1257032  by tfinch86

I attended a hiring session in Nashville, TN for a carman job that had 3 oopenings. The following day I received an email stating.

Dear Tyler:

Thank you for the time you spent interviewing for the position of Carman in United States>Tennessee>Nashville>Nashville TN.  We enjoyed meeting you and discussing your qualifications for this position.

We will retain your application for this position and you may be contacted if future job openings become available. At this time, however, you have not been selected for the position.

You are still eligible to apply for other positions with CSX.  We invite you to visit our Careers website regularly at www.csx.com.  This site is updated as positions become available.

Your interest in CSX Transportation as a potential employee is appreciated.

Have a safe day

Has anyone got one of these emails and what does it mean?
 #1257053  by DutchRailnut

and how is this confusing??? seems pretty clear to me.
 #1257068  by Freddy

It's saying you weren't selected for the carmans job,and if you wish,you can apply for other open positions.
 #1257139  by trvr815

You are pool or alternate. So they like you however there are not enough positions as there are qualified canidates. You may be called and you may not. My advice would be to keep applying.