• CSX trentonline 2nd track-manville-sunnymeade

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JoeRailRoad

ccutler wrote:Rode by the Royce Runner today, and the previously posted signal bridge is up. The lights are still covered, and the new switch track has not yet been installed.
New signal bridge erected just West of N/S 21 Ave. Manville.

May actually be in Hillsborough.

Signal aspects covered also.

Joe
  by wolfboy8171981

JoeRailRoad wrote:
ccutler wrote:Rode by the Royce Runner today, and the previously posted signal bridge is up. The lights are still covered, and the new switch track has not yet been installed.

Joe
Joe, Did each side have two signals... i.e an automatic for the Main and the Royce?
  by JoeRailRoad

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:

Joe
Joe, Did each side have two signals... i.e an automatic for the Main and the Royce?
Vincent,

I couldn’t see that far down the RR.

I didn’t have my camera with me so I couldn’t zoom in for a better view.

It looked like two signal heads for each track.

I’m passing by that way tomorrow and I’ll take some pictures.

Also C&S crew were working on the crossing gates at the 13 Ave. grade crossing.

Joe
  by greyhairedpete

I was in the area today, signals are up, they were also dragging a pre-fab switch around with a front-end loader. Tomorrow I'll bring the camera and get a few shots.
  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:

Joe
Vincent,

I couldn’t see that far down the RR.

I didn’t have my camera with me so I couldn’t zoom in for a better view.

It looked like two signal heads for each track.

I’m passing by that way tomorrow and I’ll take some pictures.

Also C&S crew were working on the crossing gates at the 13 Ave. grade crossing.

Joe
Vincent,

Here's a link to the pictures I took today.
http://tinyurl.com/losmb7j" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please let us know what think about them and what they mean.

Joe
  by ccutler

By the way, maps.google.com updated their satellite photos around central NJ for the first time in about 5 years. Now you can see the complete trenton line 2nd track installed from manville to sunnymeade. Also there's a full switching yard in Manville with about 100 freight cars.
  by Off Pending

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:

Joe
Vin ... Yes, it does. The signal bridge in the middle of the Royce is set up for both tracks, in both directions.

As someone else indicated, the new switch at the west end is now installed. Still a lot of markings on the ground around PRJ (assumedly, for new signals), and as far back as MP LE45 toward Neshanic.
  by wolfboy8171981

I would think that the dwarf on the Royce at CP-Port Reading Jct would get replaced with a high mast signal. Also depending on the speed of the track the switch for BRI would need to be turned into an electric lock.

I know the signal guys cut in new signals on the Upper Lehigh line north of Allentown on Monday, so they are in the area............
  by bbobes327

Does anybody have pictures of what it looks like now by Roycefield Rd or Valley Rd? Signals are up and running now I guess but I can't find any pictures. Also, did they install a new signal for EB trains on the single track before the Royce Runner? or are they still using the old signal by the Auten Rd crossing?
  by wolfboy8171981

The automatic between Royceville Rd and 13th street has been replaced. On the same installation there is a automatic for the Royce Running track, but this is not yet in service. There is a future interlocking at Roycefield rd. The signals protecting it are not yet in service. I'm pretty sure that once the new interlocking is placed in service the Automatic at Auten Rd will be removed from service.
  by SecaucusJunction

Isn't there a grade crossing right in the middle of the Royce Runner? How does that work with parked trains?
  by wolfboy8171981

SecaucusJunction wrote:Isn't there a grade crossing right in the middle of the Royce Runner? How does that work with parked trains?
Its not quite smack in the middle. There is roughly 12,000 feet between Roycefield Rd and 13th street. There is roughly 6000 feet from 13th St to CP-Port Reading Jct.

The Blocks between signals are a bit different. There looks to be about two 9000 foot blocks between Royce and Port Reading Jct.