Railroad Forums 

• Passenger Cars at Lebanon

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#120612  by Steamtown Observer

I happened to be in Lebanon on Saturday and I noticed there are a lot of passenger cars there. I was aware of the NYC Observation car "Hickory Creek" In addition there was a Frisco car, a NYC stainless steel car #43, some baggage cars and a number of other cars. Does anyone know of a list of these cars? Types? Heritage? A lot of them looked like they are in poor condition.

#120721  by Sirsonic

Uh-oh! Your not supposed to know their there. Thats why the ex-NJT engine that was down on the Bel-Del in Milford was moved to an "undisclosed location" (Lebanon). I dont know why whoever it is that is working on those cars feels the need to try and keep it a secret, but its hard to hide cars sitting out in the open by a passenger station...

#120841  by njt5140

Sirsonic wrote:Uh-oh! Your not supposed to know their there. Thats why the ex-NJT engine that was down on the Bel-Del in Milford was moved to an "undisclosed location" (Lebanon). I dont know why whoever it is that is working on those cars feels the need to try and keep it a secret, but its hard to hide cars sitting out in the open by a passenger station...
If memory serves me right some of the equip. is owned by the URHS.

#120855  by nick11a

Sirsonic wrote:Uh-oh! Your not supposed to know their there. Thats why the ex-NJT engine that was down on the Bel-Del in Milford was moved to an "undisclosed location" (Lebanon). I dont know why whoever it is that is working on those cars feels the need to try and keep it a secret, but its hard to hide cars sitting out in the open by a passenger station...
Hahaha. :-D

#121099  by kilroy

I believe most if not all the equipment is URHS owned. I know the Hickory Creek is URHS.
 #121442  by SledDawg

The last few times I was by there the trucks were not under the Hickory Creek. What's happening with it?

#121825  by Barry Jacobsen

I do not know why the car is there but its heritage is:

Built 1948 by Pullman Standard as a 14-4 pullman car 1456 for the Texas Special.

#122704  by Ken W2KB

Defects were found in the Hickory Creeks's trucks in a (40?) years inspection needed for Amtrak certification. They are being repaired and since the car is jacked, other under carridge work is being done. The Pullman is privately owned, all other cars are URHS. The ex-NJT cars there are for sale by URHS.