Railroad Forums 

• Maps and info

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #119887  by ccaranna

Hello,

I am interested in maps of the NS, specifically the Central Ohio area. (Columbus, Marion) Is there anything out there that shows all of the control points plotted? I am having difficulty finding anything like this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Chuck

#119955  by railohio

Your best bet would be to browse a local train show. Most railroads, NS include, have produced large folding maps for customers and government officials. They won't show the track layout at a given location but it will help illustrate all the line NS operated at a particular time. Also of interest are the railroad atlases published by Steam Powered Video in Great Britain. Their "Great Lakes East" map covers all of Ohio, Indiana, and lower Michigan and would provide better detail than the company issued-maps. Your final option would be to find railroad employee timetables. NS-issued timetables have a division map in the centerspread and the individual district listing would show locations of passing sidings, crossovers, and interlocking with other railroads. If you want help tracking some of these items down send me a private message on the forums and I will see what I can do for you.

#121337  by NS_2575

Also model rail road shops carry Railroad atlases. Basically the same thing as a road atlas except its only rail roads.