Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#98172  by kevikens

If anyone out on the West Coast reading this website has any contacts with Muni please tell them that Septa has just put up for sale the last of their PCC's. Muni should move fast on this as there will be no more.
 #98254  by Palal12

kevikens wrote:If anyone out on the West Coast reading this website has any contacts with Muni please tell them that Septa has just put up for sale the last of their PCC's. Muni should move fast on this as there will be no more.
I'm pretty sure MUNI already knows :).

#98278  by Stephen

Is there a website listing this sale?
- Stephen
 #117730  by railfanofewu

kevikens wrote:If anyone out on the West Coast reading this website has any contacts with Muni please tell them that Septa has just put up for sale the last of their PCC's. Muni should move fast on this as there will be no more.
Are these the PCC-IIs that were rebuilt for the Girard Ave line, but never went into service? Although I do not think King County Metro will go after them, they would have to be coupled in pairs of 2 to make a double-ended car. Go for it MUNI.

#118101  by Palal12

No, these are the other ones that weren't restored.

I was in Philly a month ago and got a tour of the car barn. I saw the PCC-IIs and some of the not-restored cars. If you want pics, I can post 'em.

The car sale is supposedly still a rumor. If anyone can confirm/deny sale I'd appreciate it.