Railroad Forums 

• Kleet Lumber's spur

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1094047  by Teutobergerwald

What is the configuration of Kleet's spur at it's Huntington location? Driving N/B on Park Ave into Huntington today and crossing the track I noticed several centerbeam flatcars spotted at Kleet, one of which was off by itself in the middle of the outdoor storage area. I didn't know they had track other than the spur that parallel's the right of way inside the fence. Thanks.
 #1094309  by Teutobergerwald

Ahh, yes, I see. Didn't think to check that or Google Earth first. Now, how are cars spotted on that switchback? Does NYA just spot the cars on the main spur & then Kleet has some way of moving them over, or what? Thanks.
 #1094553  by Backshophoss

IF they have a Heavy Forklift,it could move the car after all the air is bleed off and releasing the handbrake,
hard to tell where the switch is under the car(Bulkhead flat).