Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Don31

Thomas wrote:
Don31 wrote:he proposed extension would be approximately 2.5 miles in length: 0.8 miles of the South Street Yard being upgraded to mainline trackage and 1.7 miles of new alignment.
1. Does that mean that the Path Station will be located where the current South Street Yard is (East of the current EWR Station)?

2. Also, any updates on the Gateway Project?
1. No. The only station will be adjacent to the NJT Airport Station. There won't be any intermediate stops.

2. Nope.....
  by Don31

Thomas wrote:Does the Path Extension funding include the Hunter Interlocking Flyover and fifth track?
No, none at all.
  by morris&essex4ever

Thomas wrote:1. How do we know that this Project will not become a boondoggle?
Because no Port Authority project goes over time or over budget. Just look at how fast One World Trade Center is being built. :P
  by Don31

Thomas wrote:1. How do we know that this Project will not become a boondoggle?
We don't know, thats what makes it so much fun!
  by Thomas

I read that Christie was going to have a press conference on this Project--and then cancelled his press conference. Any updates on when Governor Krispy Kreme will publicly discuss the Path Extension to Newark Airport?
  by Don31

Thomas wrote:I read that Christie was going to have a press conference on this Project--and then cancelled his press conference. Any updates on when Governor Krispy Kreme will publicly discuss the Path Extension to Newark Airport?
I really don't give a rat's ass what the Big Fella thinks about this, or any other, project.
  by morris&essex4ever

Thomas wrote:I read that Christie was going to have a press conference on this Project--and then cancelled his press conference. Any updates on when Governor Krispy Kreme will publicly discuss the Path Extension to Newark Airport?
Maybe when ground is broken for the project?
  by Thomas

morris&essex4ever wrote:Maybe when ground is broken for the project?
But when is that going to be?

I thought maybe that Governor Krispy Kreme would host a press conference about the Path Extension before the upcoming election...
  by Don31

It was taken off the agenda of yesterday's Board meeting, so who knows? I do know that there is some money allocated for it though...
  by 25Hz

Don31 wrote:It was taken off the agenda of yesterday's Board meeting, so who knows? I do know that there is some money allocated for it though...
Preliminary action bucks or actual construction bucks though, is the question... :)
  by Thomas

Don31 wrote: was taken off the agenda of yesterday's Board meeting, so who knows? I do know that there is some money allocated for it though...
1. How much money?

2. When does the Port Authority plan to discuss this Project?
  by morris&essex4ever

Thomas wrote:
Don31 wrote: was taken off the agenda of yesterday's Board meeting, so who knows? I do know that there is some money allocated for it though...
1. How much money?

2. When does the Port Authority plan to discuss this Project?
1. We'll find out.

2. When they feel the time is right.