Railroad Forums 

• PL42 4020 Accident Damage

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1267772  by Port Jervis

Matt Johnson wrote:I was surprised by the description: "The locomotives fate is yet to be determined." That looks fairly minor in the grand scheme of things - certainly repairable and worth repairing on a relatively young and expensive locomotive.
If her frame was bent in the collision, her future is likely to be that of spare parts provider.
 #1267832  by ApproachMedium

amtrakowitz wrote: One of the anonymous comments on that photo is amusing:
Internally (the PL42AC has) got a 16-710, essentially a cowl carbody passenger GP60 with lots of foreign electronics
Summary presumption, completely based on the prime mover. Apparently not enough of the locomotive is Prima Alstom in that commenter's view; it is really a GP60PH of some sort.
There is nothing that the PL42 and the GP60 share in common other than an EM2000 computer and the engine block. The PL42AC is Vossloh locomotive that was modified by Alstom and sold to NJ Transit.

Humm yea gee uhh doesnt this look familiar? LOL
 #1274630  by trainbrain

sullivan1985 wrote:When it comes to speed and other comparisons, the 6001 hitting the truck at little falls was much worse. Everybody walked away from that one too. While I wouldn't want to be in a cab car to hit anything bigger than a deer, so far all the cabs that have been leading have performed as expected when it cones to the structure of the car.
Did 6001 go back into service, or was it scrapped?
 #1275249  by 25Hz

I'd go for this lot:

;)