Railroad Forums 

• Pictures at Noyelles (steam,new SNCF DMU)

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#433915  by george matthews

It's updated already - better layout, more text.

#434072  by george matthews

David Benton wrote:Thanks for the nice photos George . The tank engines look a lot like the british ones of the same era .
My thought was that it looked entirely "foreign".
We couldn't wait round long enough to see the train itself - we were on the way to the Tunnel and then a long drive through southern England.

#434494  by george matthews

george matthews wrote:
David Benton wrote:Thanks for the nice photos George . The tank engines look a lot like the british ones of the same era .
My thought was that it looked entirely "foreign".
We couldn't wait round long enough to see the train itself - we were on the way to the Tunnel and then a long drive through southern England.
Ihave now added a page of pictures of the Armistice museum at Compiegne - the Wagon Lits carriage where it was signed. Goto the Photo index.
(Not loading at present. I'll try again.)

#434585  by David Benton

Thanks again George . I guess we tend to think of anything european as looking british . paint job seemed similiar anyway .
enjoyed reading about your biogas digesters too , looking at something similar myself , have brought 10 acres of bare land and looking at ways to use it .

#434620  by george matthews

David Benton wrote:Thanks again George . I guess we tend to think of anything european as looking british . paint job seemed similiar anyway .
enjoyed reading about your biogas digesters too , looking at something similar myself , have brought 10 acres of bare land and looking at ways to use it .
If you need any consultancy...

The compiegne pix are now active
http://www.members.aol.com/wimtalk/phot ... iegne.html