Railroad Forums 

• Photographs of the M&L Branch when in use?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1206261  by Trainlover479

Does anybody have photographs of trains on the Manchester & Lawrence Branch? Preferably i would like to see photographs in/or around the town of Londonderry, NH anywhere between the 40's to when the last trains ran. The only photographs i have ever found are only in the early 20th Century (most recent one being from 1930). Anybody who has a picture, please post!
 #1208095  by jbvb

If spending a little money isn't out of the question, check used book dealers for B&MRRHS Bulletin issues with M&L photos. I recall at least one article back in the 1980s, plus earlier articles on the WN&P.
 #1209975  by Trainlover479

i think that ill have to go to the B&M historical society, but i just find it wierd that nobody has photo's of the line in londonderry, considering how close it is to manchester.
i was thinking that i could find people who have photo's of the londonderry section on the internet. Guess its going to take longer to find photographs. I heard that a ex B&M engineer lives in town but i dont know him at all, but maybe he might know or have pictures.
 #1248932  by bmcdr

2399 derry.jpg
Here it is, the only photo I could find in my collection that was shot on the M&L. It was taken by Al Hale on March 16,1940.