#231193  by benltrain

Which of the following is YOUR favorite:
Trenton
North Philadelphia
30th Street
Zoo
Frankford Junction
Belmont

I personally like Trenton the most because of NJT. any other opinions?

#231662  by kevikens

I like the area of Zoo because you can see so much. It's a bit hard to railfan, especially if you photograph. You have to change spots as the sun moves but you can get good early AM shots right along side the zoo itself near Girard Ave. (including the PCC's on Girard ave.). later you can move around to the other side and catch shots of Amtrak, Septa, NJT's AC Line and especially the CSX, NS and CP freights disappearing into the tunnel under Zoo Tower. I also like the NEC in Morrisville opposite Trenton. Safer area, same traffic including CSAO movements half way across the Delaware that do not make it into the trenton station. speaking of Trenton any problems with the police ? A couple years ago I got chased out by Amtrak police.

#242467  by kevikens

Benltrain: these were shot from the pedstrian overpass that crosses the NEC and the adjacent CSAO Frankford freight yards and parallels the AC line heading toward the Delair bridge. I think the street might be Wheatsheaf Lane but whatever it is you can reach it from Frankford Ave about two ot three blocks north of the old Frankford Jct station. It's a pretty safe area and from it you can see and phtograph Amtrak, Septa, NJ Transit, NS , CSX and you can hear the sound of the neaby El. You can also observe the switching operations of CSAO as they prepare to drill the industries along the NEC. The nearby platforms of the old station are now closed which is a shame as from them many a classic photo of the PRR was made.

#242515  by GooStats

how about Woodbourne in Langhorne? R3, Trenton Cutoff, and the Fairless Branch connecting the two! The best was last week, in traffic on Woodbourne Rd, under the Route 1 overpass, I had a R3 in front of me and a CSX freight in back. You gotta love two seperate crossings 300 feet apart, both with trains.