Railroad Forums 

• P'tit Train Du Nord

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1579301  by Gilbert B Norman

It's come to my attention that both The Times and the Journal are making it more difficult for their print subscribers to share material:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bike-trip- ... lewebshare

I pay some $1700 a year to hear "that thump on the porch" of The Times and Journal each morning, and want to share whatever I choose, so long as I am not attempting to profit from their copyrighted material. Linking material to this site cannot be construed as profiting.
 #1579481  by NS VIA FAN

Originally a CPR RDC to Mont Laurier and popular winter Ski Trains before that into the Laurentian Mountains north of Montreal.....but after VIA took it over it became Le Petit Train du Nord (little Train of the North).....a popular weekend service until it was discontinued in Nov 1981.

Today.....EXO (Montreal Commuter Agency) provides frequent train service to Saint Jerome 65 km north of the city in the foothills of the Laurentians. The Saint Jerome Station is built in a Ski Chalet style. The old right-of way beyond the station is now a hiking/biking and winter cross-country ski/snow-mobile trail.