• Owego & Harford in SAYRE - Lehigh Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by scottychaos

thebigham wrote:The GP9 looks sharp!

Where did it come from?
she is a long-time Luzerne & Susquehanna unit:

recently repainted..spent many decades in Pocono Northeast green & yellow:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=673046

Scot
  by ANDY117

There's a pair of ex. CP SD40-2's on their way south from Rouses Point on train 252 with LS reporting marks. Anyone know their final destination? The numbers are LS (CP) 5721 and LS (CP) 5700.
  by sallenparks

There for the Lehigh from what I was told Thursday last week.More new shippers comeing by summers end for the LRWY and the LS.Love this railroad, nices people you'll ever meet.
  by conrailsharedassets

There is supposedly a third SD40-2 on the way for the LRWY as well! They will likely go to the LS first to prep them for operations, but who knows. I assume more shippers for the LRWY would be nothing but GAS related business. However, I can't think of any "NEW" shippers that could possibly be coming online for the LS. But I sure hope something is lined up for them! The LRWY and LS employees are most certainly good hard working people, and they deserve every bit of traffic they get!

Jim Cerulli
  by LRWYENGR18222

There was going to be a third unit purchased, but there weren't any in that lineup that were worth putting into service. So only the two were purchased and I believe, possibly, still looking for a third.
  by sayreyard

What is the schedule for the lehigh to Sayre and is the GP9 still captive on the line
  by thannon

GP9 made a rare trip through to Sayre a week or so ago - haven't personally seen their six-axles. Had a quick trip through Towanda this afternoon and didn't see anything other than the old ex-switcher in the usual spot.
  by sallenparks

thannon and everyone pics on the rr pictures archives has the SD40-2 down in pittson on the LS.So found my own answer.
  by thannon

sallenparks wrote:thannon and everyone pics on the rr pictures archives has the SD40-2 down in pittson on the LS.So found my own answer.
First time I've seen them in Sayre. Not sure why so much power - have to watch what goes back eastward. (Today - 18:00 in Sayre, PA yard)

by LRWYENGR18222

Tom, This was the first the SD's made it to Sayre. They arrived in Mehoopany Tuesday and were brought north on Wednesday. The Geep's are along "just in case" until we're sure the SD's are mechanically sound.