• Owego & Harford in SAYRE - Lehigh Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by thannon

LRWY made the odd Sunday run this afternoon with GP40 power.

Interchanged with NS local H1E with west bound leader NS 6673 at Sayre:

H1E brought 44 cars for the LWRY
LRWY brought 77 cars for NS

Headed west by Athens at 19:00, and H1E waiting on Tier traffic (12T) to bring their cars to Corning (Gang Mills).
  by LRWYENGR18222

Its been awhile but I got some new photos Im sure everyone will enjoy. Just got a new camera and trying to capture some interesting shots.

LS 3003 drilling cars at Hoop getting ready to head north.

LRWY2304 just arrived in Towanda with a nice consist. Waiting for recrew to climb aboard and continue to Sayre.

LRWY2304 shown on main at Mehoopany pumping up the train. Getting ready to classify sand to take north.

LRWY2302 shown on the new siding at Wyalusing. Just got finished shifting Trans-Z and adding empties to the siding to pick up northbound the next day.
  by frank754

The Luzerne Susquehanna has a nice operation, even in Wilkes-Barre, though up north you probably have a bunch more photo ops and traffic. Here it's down to one track many years after the glory days of coal and multiple railroads, and there aren't even any crossing gates. Also down on this end, more so than the LS, the Reading & Northern (on a separate line) is doing quite well, and hosts a "bridge line" for the D&H from Pittston through Jim Thorpe, for thru runs via the NS from Canada to Philly. Here are two LS shots I happened to catch on Halloween day, hauling circus cars, on the south end of Wilkes-Barre:

by thannon

Nice photos - both of you.

Oddly quiet in the Sayre yard - NS hasn't brought much down and the sole LWRY traffic I caught was a light engine move back towards Towanda (with a sole LS GP-40) this afternoon.
  by LRWYENGR18222

Sounds like NS didn't interchange tonight then. Looks like a lite engine move to Mehoopany for me. For those following the LS 50, it will be heading south to Wyalusing tomorrow.
  by K4Pacific

Should be there this afternoon as they had a big train to break apart in Elmira today.
  by setaf

Nice to read of the activity and also thanks for the many great pics. I'm working just about 7 days a week inside and away from the tracks. :-)
  by sallenparks

O.K. kids there's a LWRY U23B in Elmira yard right now is this a new one or one going for work some where.
  by unmotivated

I noticed that the 2302 was in Owego on Sunday December 19th. Tonight (Tuesday 21st) after work I saw the 2302 returning to the yard. There were a lot of tank cars so it appears that 2302 made a trip up to Harford today. Also the the switcher #40 was with 2302.
  by K4Pacific

A rather large interchange is in the works out of Elmira on the Sayre with sand and Mahoopanys. It will be dusk probably as the long train is still being put together, plus empty salt for Ithaca.
  by thannon

NS H12 interchanged 45 for the LRWY. They brought up a long train which had the sole GP40 working hard to get moving from their stop at Athens.
  by sallenparks

O.K. back from Owego 2302 labeled as followed LS under cab window Owego & Harford on the long hood.The SW1200,SW1, and RS18 1850 were there but RS18 1811 was no where to be seen.Not saying anything just didn't see it.