Railroad Forums 

• Ottawa Railfanning

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#661161  by atsf sp

Are there any good spots in Ottawa to railfan? Any yards with access to view the power? Any good spots to take pics of VIA? I'm just trying to cram final information before my trip, so if a reply could be made before Saturday, it would be really helpful.
 #677110  by Montrealrail

I went to Walkley yard on saturday,near the O-train line,there's a bridge woth a pretty good view over the yard
and some many place you can pass by and see it a bit closer,if you commeing in the yard on the other side,I don't remember the strret name,but there an entrence there you can use du approach a little bit mor,but I remember there a Wendy's & Tim Horton on the corner,and aslo a subway and a soocer tournament was in progress near by..

I just made a post about this day..and also you can try with the O-Train and around Via rail Station..