Railroad Forums 

• On30

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#12536  by RichS1

I have a question about On30
I know that it is O gauage and it is narrow track.
But, what kind of track do I get. My friend told me that HO gauage will work?

I have been looking at the Bachamann On30 locos 0-4-0 small side rod locos. I think they are really sharp!!!

I normally model in HO scale, but, I am do a Coal tipple in O scale and I think this loco would fit right in with my project.

Any help would be appreciated.......THANKS
"Rich" :D

#13052  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Hi Rich,

Yes, It its O scale, but will run on HO sized trackage.
 #13340  by RichS1

River.....
They have some nice Shay's that I am ALSO looking at....
Thanks...
Rich