Railroad Forums 

• Ok, what happened?

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#302  by charlie6017

Yeah, we lost all the content, so it's back to the old drawing board :(

#341  by NYC_Dave

I guess by now we should all know that sooner or later this is likely to happen to any of our favorite websites. Since the last time this happened to this forum I have been copying particularly interesting things from all of my favorite RR websites as word documents or graphics files. I also back up this information to a couple of rewritable CDs every 4 to 6 weeks. I'm very glad I did that because I had a computer crash a little over a year ago.

SAVE!... AND SAVE OFTEN!!!

#379  by Montreal Ltd

I referred to old messages to get useful links to a whole bunch of sites. Just too lazy to copy them somewhere. And this is the second time this happened! You're right, save everything!

#401  by clehman

I'd like to thank the Forum manager and the NYC moderator for bringing this forum back up. I visit this site every day at lunch time to see what's going on. I occassionally post a question and am sometimes able to post an answer to someone elses question. A really nice place to visit. Thanks again.

#472  by coalmine

Looking forward to "new" NYC forum.

work safe

#527  by charlie6017

Yeah, I think I may start saving certain things myself. I think this set-up is the best yet, though.....it'll be here for the long haul.
 #535  by hoharold

These glitches have been happening for years... But they just used to sweep up the pieces of the broken slate and start a new one. Probably more to it nowadays! Glad it's all up and a'runnin'...

Harold

#924  by Otto Vondrak

Our host pulled the plug on us because we were sucking up too much bandwidth. You can read more about it by checking Mike's announcement on the homepage.

I wish we didnt lose the old posts, but some things are just beyond our control...

-otto-