Railroad Forums 

• NYSW SU99 w/ 4006, 142 and possibly the M&E's FL9s

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#60697  by trainfreak

Well it got the Form D from PAT to Pelton. It has the 4006 in the lead. The third unit back is the 142 Steam Engine and possibly behind that is the M&E FL9's. Thats an interesting lashup for sure. Good luck catching it.

#60727  by Lackawanna484

The post on another thread says the 142 is under steam. That's been the case in previous transfers to keep the lubrication circulating, etc.

Figure this train will daylight train Susquehanna or Great Bend, but the weather forecast is crappy...
 #60880  by njt4172

trainfreak wrote:Well it got the Form D from PAT to Pelton. It has the 4006 in the lead. The third unit back is the 142 Steam Engine and possibly behind that is the M&E FL9's. Thats an interesting lashup for sure. Good luck catching it.
I waited at Newfoundland for this train from 8PM to 9:15 and nothing came. I probably just missed it because I left right after a Jefferson township cop asked what I was doing. I told him I was waiting for a special train and he didn't care and asked me to leave. A few seconds after I left while driving down Green Pond road the most scariest thing happened to me. I left my scanner on and out of nowhere I heard 3 beeps. When I heard the beeps I just figured my battery was low, but to my utter suprise the numbers read "666" on my NYSW channel. After that my hairs stood straight up. I vow not to go up there alone in the dark again after my incident. Does anyone know of any supernatural or ghosts up in the depot area?? Was anyone hit by a train up there??? I'm still trying to figure out what presence or what entity was with me last night.

Thanks,
Steve

#60900  by trainfreak

Well wasnt that an interesting event for you Steve. I think you really did just miss it because i think about 9:15 they had crested the mountain and were going down grade so the 142 could go down in idle. I ended up seeing it at 11:40ish stopped over Rt 23 in Hamburg waiting for water that never came. I was so happy to see the 142 and what a nice train they had!

#60971  by njtmnrrbuff

Still getting hassled. Even with transit, they've calmed down. Well, I am assuming you were on public property. You would have to be.

#60992  by Tri-State Tom

Steve -

I'll bite....what's the significance of '666' ???

#60995  by David

Hey Steve---Maybe we should add that story on our "Ghost Railroads Of New Jersey" thread--lol.

#61112  by njt4172

Tri-State Tom wrote:Steve -

Tom,

Have no idea what the significance of 666 is. All I know is that its the number of the devil...That is the #1 thing that bugged me out! I dare not go up there again at night alone!

Steve

#61160  by Lackawanna484

njt4172 wrote:
Tri-State Tom wrote:Steve -

Tom,

Have no idea what the significance of 666 is. All I know is that its the number of the devil...That is the #1 thing that bugged me out! I dare not go up there again at night alone!

Steve
There's a federal highway in New Mexico which changed its number from 666 because 1) signs were being stolen as fast as they were put up, and 2) the locals felt it was the mark of the devil.

#61186  by cjvrr

Morris County had a County Route 666 aka Mt. Hope Road. We couldn't keep a county route marker on that road and hadn't posted any new signs in quite some time. After some press and some local input we replaced the signs with "664". One of the few remaining old 666 signs is hanging in my office. The news item got picked up by the AP and was all over the Country. I probably had 15 or 20 requests come in from all over the place with people asking for one of those signs.

Steve, are you sure you saw 666, sometimes when the LCD display gets messed up it will default to all characters on or "888"?

Getting close to Halloween too... :wink:

#61190  by Ken W2KB

Chris, Could have saved the County money by just turning the signs upside down - "999" :wink:

#61192  by JLo

CJVRR, make it 21 requests!

IIRC, Proctor & Gamble has been accused of being a company run by devil worshippers because the symbols it uses are associated with devil worship.

My favorite is the Saturday Night Live (I think) mock of The Omen. The doctor looks at the baby with the 666 on his head upside down and say don't worry, it's just three 9's.
 #61435  by trainman2

The reason 666 is the number of the beast is outlined in the Book of Revalation, at the end of the Bible.

It says that the name of the Antichrist is spelled with letters that have the numerical value of "six hundred, threescore(a score being twenty), and six." The Latin and Greek alphabets in use at the time had a numerical value attached to each letter. The name Caesar Nero adds up to that number, by the way, and they certainly could have thought Nero was the Antichrist back then.

#61465  by BigDell

Yep, 666... death and destruction....number of the beast.....

so...anyway...

How 'bout that 142 and the FL9's.....????
Anyone get a photo?

Beelzebub (oops I mean BigDell)