Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W Selling equipment

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#472826  by washingtonsecondary

Looks like the Q is having a sale. Looks mostly like MOW equipment and a majority is located on the Northern Division, Utica specifically but some is located in Butler.

http://nysw.com/for_sale.htm

I doubt it's much more then a yard sale to clean out the old junk. But go ahead and speculate away that the end is near...

#472852  by Steve F45

almost all that stuff has been for sale for well over a year and a half. the only new stuff added are the 3 ford crown vics.

did they get rid of the police force altogether?

#472874  by cjvrr

Steve F45 wrote:

did they get rid of the police force altogether?

Down to one guy from what I have heard.

#472925  by amoreho1

whats with selling so many trucks off

#472977  by Steve F45

amoreho1 wrote:whats with selling so many trucks off
probably beet to crap that and with nysw using progressive rail services they don't need those trucks anymore.

#473047  by lvrr325

If you read through the list there's a good number of them OOS with damage or in poor shape.

Some of them should go pretty cheap if you want an actual RR truck of your own. I've been watching some surplus auctions and I see a lot of stuff that would go in the $500-$2500 range.

#474220  by uhaul

I am guessing that most if not all these vehicles will have NYSW markings removed even though it is not mentioned. Imagine bombing around in a Ford van with NYSW markings, but I should be happy with my Caprice. Even if I could afford something I would avoid the gassers.

World AIDS Day