• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Uncle Cheapo

It's funny, your handle is "rb". Fast forward to 2012, there is some tagger that visits pond and tags "RB" or "Bobby". He destroys a lot of freight cars! There is a reason the people over there don't like "visitors". I'm not implying you are the vandal, but your handle is the same. Probably coincidence. This vandal is in his late 30s to mid 40s.
  by Tommy Meehan

This is what I got when I clicked on the link:
This video has been removed by the user. Sorry about that.
That was quick! :(
  by rscott417

hmm thats odd, wonder why the person took it off..
  by kamerad47

my guess is the PA got involded!!!!!
  by rb

Leave it to one bad "RB" to ruin it for everyone.

I am more curious about the disappearance of the YouTube video referenced above. I don't believe that I have seen the Port Jersey switcher clip discussed here, but I wonder how the video was obtained. If the videographer captured a scene that was available to anyone (i.e. in public view) and shot from a public space (i.e. did not trespass), then any requests that the user remove the video run directly against first amendment rights.

Of course, if the YouTube user didn't follow the guidelines of legality, then that's another story.
  by Ðauntless

The video was removed for other reasons. Go watch any railroad video on youtube and you will see why. I know many people, including the one mentioned, who are taking there stuff down because of the same reason, myself included.

Anyway, Can we keep this to sightings and not assumptions?
  by gregorygrice

Service on the NYNJ line is Brooklyn has been haulted for track upgrades. The portion of the line that runs between the two Brooklyn Ferry Terminal buildings is currently dug up and being replaced with new grade crossing pads and track. "Railroad Construction Co." Is performing the work. Photos within the next two hours will be uploaded.
  by mikey cruz

really? upgrade? never thought I'd see that word in this forum LOL!
  by gregorygrice

mikey cruz wrote:really? upgrade? never thought I'd see that word in this forum LOL!
Track Upgrading photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by mikey cruz

well slap my ass and call me sally......................where 'd they find the $ for this?
  by gregorygrice

Beats me! When I came across the construction site, I feared they were tearing out the line for good, but later found out they were getting upgrades.
  by railfan365

With the investment in track upgrades, I'm wondering: With the Brooklyn end of the car float operation now at Bay Ridge, what activity is there along 1st Avenue, and at Bush? Also, does anyone have a clue to when the railroad will be back to normal from the Sandy damage?
  by mikey cruz

they must really be gearin up for that recycling facility and that rebuilt track at the auto storage area.
  by Tommy Meehan

mikey cruz wrote:well slap my ass and call me sally......................where 'd they find the $ for this?

Sally you're asking where did they find the money? The Port Authority of New York / New Jersey? Where did the Port Authority of New York / New Jersey find the money?

:)