• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by JoeRailRoad

NYNJ Rail made a test run this Wednesday.

They started out North on 1st Ave.

Then went East to 2nd Ave. than North towards the scrap metal place and back to 1st Ave.

They then went towards the break-bulk pier to the bumper block.

Joe
  by rscott417

Good to know, hopefully now we can catch NYNJ delivering those MTA locos on the new track and the MTA's refurbished unloading ramp.
  by Ðauntless

by Ðauntless

Last edited by Ðauntless on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Tommy Meehan

Very nice photos. Thanks.
  by deandremouse

Epic Shot, Very nice.

Thanks
  by Sir Ray

Well, even as late as 2 years ago I would have been surprised that nobody mentioned this already, but I guess in the age of Digitial content...

The NYNJ HAS been sighted - in the September 2012 issue of Railpace. Even the cover of the issue is graced by 1133 rambling down First Avenue towing it's cars along (not unlike the second image in Dauntless's 3 Jul 2012 post, and I think there's a reason for that). The article was written by Paul Strubeck, and considering the last image in the article was the one with the two guys and the gondola on the carfloat crusing thru the harbor with lower Manhattan (and the Freedom Tower) in the background, which matches the image in the post above from 3 Jul 2012 (except the Railpace one is in color, and had the graffiti on the gondola side obscured), I guess we know Dauntless's secret idenity now...

The article also includes a few shots of NY&A's continuing epic struggle with dumpsters on the track in Maspeth...

BTW, we need to change the title of this forum - How about just NYNJ Rail Sightings since 2009.
  by Ðauntless

I knew something looked odd and awful dark about that photo.. How I didnt pick up on that in my proof is beyond me.
  by jtunnel

On my way home yesterday and caught the crew working a float. Shot some footage using my iPhone.

http://youtu.be/HAdkQy-Yv_o

Good to see things working.

(Not my best stuff, but better then nothing)
  by railfan365

Once again, Mccloskey comes through for his online friends. While it's a good thing that the Bay ridge yard is back to work, I'm wondering if the new tracks along 1st Avenue are going to get much of a workout.
  by rscott417

I was off today so I tried my luck across the river in Jersey City and I sat on the side of Port Jersey Blvd for roughly 2 and a half hours waiting for some movement and this is the only picture I was able to get. The old Port Jersey switcher repainted to the NYNJ scheme but with PJ logos, the hood reads "New York New Jersey Rail LLC (PJ) Port Jersey Rail Division"

I was able to catch the Tropicana switcher at work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a3r7HjGRCQ

I also drove passed SIMS Scrap Metal and was able to see the old New York Cross Harbor RR #59 rusting away on their track. It was half blocked by a dump truck and wasn't worth taking a picture of.
  by Chrisgr

To see the Port Jersey RR working, you have to be there in the early morning.
  by kamerad47

Has anyone shot any video of them working?????
  by rscott417

I could have sworn someone posted a video on here of the Port Jersey switcher. It was like a 2 part video, first it was street running in BK then the next clip was Port Jersey and now I can't find it...anyone know which one im talking about?