Railroad Forums 

• NYAR new float operations with NYNJ Rail

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #698711  by Nova55

Apparently there floating to 65th so they can rebuild the curve to bush 2.
 #698726  by deandremouse

???? When was the last time they did trackwork?
( NO pun/joke intended!!!!!!)
Last edited by deandremouse on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #698753  by deandremouse

Nova55 wrote:Before you were born.
Ok! I thought it was more recently but OK!.......
Dump The Air wrote:
deandremouse wrote:Looks Like NY&A is back in buisness!
I don't think they ever went out of buisness??
Sorry I meant carloads were going back up. And more activity.
 #699079  by Amtrak7

I'm totally confused about the NYA/NYCH waterfront operations.

NYA sends cars to Bay Ridge Yard. NYCH floats to/from Bush Terminal.

Where is bush terminal and how does a railcar get there from the Bay Ridge Branch? I've seen some pictures of street running in Brooklyn. Where does that come from, go to, and is it still active?
 #699132  by deandremouse

Bayridge interchange-
NYA delivers cars at bayridge yard.
UPY SW1500 1133 collects/delivers cars. From there to bush, its street running across 1st ave.
Then you arrive at bush.
cars are shoved into bush yard, then moved to the float.
 #699440  by JoeRailRoad

Amtrak7 wrote:I'm totally confused about the NYA/NYCH waterfront operations.

NYA sends cars to Bay Ridge Yard. NYCH floats to/from Bush Terminal.

Where is bush terminal and how does a railcar get there from the Bay Ridge Branch? I've seen some pictures of street running in Brooklyn. Where does that come from, go to, and is it still active?
deandremouse wrote:Bayridge interchange-
NYA delivers cars at bayridge yard.
UPY SW1500 1133 collects/delivers cars. From there to bush, its street running across 1st ave.
Then you arrive at bush.
cars are shoved into bush yard, then moved to the float.
Amtrak7,

Also remember that there isn't a Cross Harbor RR anymore.

New York New Jersey Rail, LLC (http://www.nynjr.com/) now operates at Bush and Greenville.

Joe
 #699506  by Amtrak7

Thanks, now I found it by using Google Maps Satellite. The map version didn't show a railway track there.
 #699543  by JoeRailRoad

Amtrak7 wrote:Thanks, now I found it by using Google Maps Satellite. The map version didn't show a railway track there.
Amtrak7

In Google Maps if you drag the man figure to 59th Street and 1st Ave. you can "walk" the tracks in the street all the way to 39th Street and 2nd Ave.

Joe
 #699560  by freightguy

A bit off the hellgate topic:

The NYAR now interchanges back at the actual interchange underneath BQE. The NYNJ (NYRR) no longer brings the cars from bush into the yard at 65 st. This is how it was originally done until the NYA used to let Cross Harbor put the cars into the yard. The NYA also no longer services Tri State brick down there niether. I don't know why they would remove the cars from the yard. For a long time NYA always stored surplus cars down there.
 #700791  by railfan365

freightguy wrote:A bit off the hellgate topic:

The NYAR now interchanges back at the actual interchange underneath BQE. The NYNJ (NYRR) no longer brings the cars from bush into the yard at 65 st. This is how it was originally done until the NYA used to let Cross Harbor put the cars into the yard. The NYA also no longer services Tri State brick down there niether. I don't know why they would remove the cars from the yard. For a long time NYA always stored surplus cars down there.
Given the above satatements, whose locomotive moves the cars between interchange and the car float?