Railroad Forums 

• NYAR Freight Move

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1270949  by 4400Washboard

Today I saw a couple MP15ACs tugging a long train of freight and then a truck pulling freight cars on the railroad tracks. Is this normal? Would this qualify as an LIRR move-the locos were painted in LIRR colors?
 #1271008  by 4400Washboard

This was a bit west of the SSYD. It was pulling gondola cars.

Here's what i saw;

2 to 4 LIRR MP15ACs (I didnt see it very clearly)-Many many gondola cars-2 more LIRR MP15ACs (I think 161 and 163 or 156 were the numbers) then maybe 250-500 ft. then a truck with railroad wheels and 6-8 gondolas.

I'm not so sure on the loco #s but the gondolas definitely had LIRR markings
 #1271031  by mikey cruz

yea they were both MOW moves. LIRR moves it's own MOW, NY&A only handles the freight side of the business.