Railroad Forums 

• NYA service to Belmont Park

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #70849  by Legio X

I have'nt seen any 89' boxcars at Belmont Park while passing by on the Cross Island Parkway going to/from work. There has been a cut of LIRR hoppers and Norfolk Southern gondolas on the track closest to the C.I.P. for awhile now. Did the NYRA opt to go back to truck-delivered hay for the horses at the park, or is service only on an as-needed basis?

#71338  by jayrmli

They spotted one there last night.

Jay

#71796  by Legio X

There are two 89' boxcars spotted at Belmont, visible from the C.I.P.

#80789  by Legio X

There's a TBOX boxcar spotted at Belmont, visible from the C.I.P.

#80832  by Jayjay1213

Supposedly the customer is very happy with rail service so far. He has two more in transit as of Thursday. Would be nice if the car count would increase though.

#81032  by Legio X

What about service to Richmond Hill team yard for hay delivery to Aqueduct Park? I seem to remember Jay saying something about that being explored.....

#81783  by Legio X

The TBOX boxcar was gone when I passed by on the C.I.P. this morning.

#83885  by Legio X

As of yesterday, no new boxcars spotted at Belmont since the TBOX was picked up last week.
 #84118  by Ricshaw

Where do these carloads of hay originate? I heard upstate New York.

#84505  by Jayjay1213

Right now there is a BNSF car at Belmont. The cars orginate in a couple of different places, I beleive Cali and North Dakota?
 #84561  by Ricshaw

Thanks, JayJay. There's also a string of hoppers and gons over there as well. Are they still working on the tracks near Bellrose station?

#84642  by Legio X

Those LIRR hoppers and NS gondolas have been stashed there for months. They were used during the track project between Q.V. and Bellerose.

#84769  by jayrmli

If I'm not mistaken, the hay starts out in a field. :-D

Jay

#84796  by Knife-Switch

Wait a second....I thought the hay was trimmings out of the West Yard :P

#85614  by Legio X

The BNSF boxcar was gone when I passed by Saturday morning on the way to work.

By the way, which leg of the wye does NYA use to spot the cars at Belmont? Is it serviced by eastbound trains, using the east leg, or by westbound trains using the west leg next to the Q.V. NYCTA bus depot?