Railroad Forums 

• NYA Now Owns a Boxcar?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #383546  by SwingMan

I took train 507 this morning to L.I.C. for the first time ever, and when it passed Fresh Pond Yard, I noticed a green boxcar with NYA logos on it. It did not have any trucks,and it was on the ground. Does anyone know what it is for? :-) lirr415
 #383584  by SwingMan

It really was a boxcar, it was green, and it was the size for a boxcar, and it was a boxcar. lirr415

#383686  by SOO4601

I believe what Otto is trying to say here is that it is a boxcar without it's trucks, on the ground, and used as a storage shed and logoed for the NY&A.

Dietrich :-)

#383754  by emfinite

That was an ex-Burlington Northern boxcar that was painted a few months ago. Like Otto said, it's a storage shed.

Joe

#384020  by Johnny F

Otto,
Why the sarcasm? You know he's a kid and relatively new to the board. If anyone else posted something in that tone, you'd delete it. "Do as I say, don't do as I do?"

#384353  by phantom

I love sarcasm! I live sarcasm!
That's the infamous "box!" It is used as an alternate command bunker. When decisions can no longer be made in "world" headquarters, for one reason or another, the "box" is put into use. It's proximity to the arsenal (the other green security "can") and track 11 make it perfect for redirecting useless yard moves!

#384394  by Scrap em Again

Stop, just stop LMFAO!!! So damn true, side-splittin comedy at its finest :-)

#384415  by Nova55

I love this place, I really do. ( more sarcasm )

#384591  by jtunnel

And it is in just the right spot to eliminate any remaining photography angles of the mainline from the street. :-D

Luckily it was already green. Wonder how much BN got for it? :-)

#385409  by Mr rt

They took the wheels off to try & avoid the demurrage charges :-)

#385562  by BMT

It's that the boxcar that Lionel -- or is it MTH -- used as their prototype for the O-gauge version?

#385677  by mutz155

WHAT YOU SAW WAS FRED KREBS BRANDY DANDY NEW DEEEELUX SUMMER MANSION.

#386869  by Fla East Coast Chris

It can be used to have RAT Fights!!!!
HAS ANYONE SEEN MY DADDY!!!!!!!!
 #386934  by SwitchMonkey

"Fella's ... I'm in the box" -- Louie Two Times

Not to be confused with ...

"EHH! I gotta get the torch out of the box" -- U-BadOrder