Railroad Forums 

• NYA Customers that haven't seen much action lately

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #418047  by LRail

Does Pulver gas in Bridgehampton still receive cars? Correct me if I am wrong but did they finally rip out the switch to the old American Tissue building in Greenlawn? Does Hamilton Dryage still spot cars too? And what happened to the Eldee siding? They fixed it but still no customers?

#421602  by mutz155

THAT MAKES A COUPLE OF US (GRIN GRIN SMERK SMERK)!!!

#423376  by badneighbor

just last week 3-4 tankers rolled through Bay Shore... they surely went to BH, no one else on south shore takes tanks... unless a new place was added.

#423436  by tushykushy

Yes, last week I believe 5 bombs made their way out to BH. Our PT Pompano resident can confirm this.

#423794  by emfinite

FYI: two Southern boxcars spotted on the end of the Eldee siding next to PC Richards in Deer Park.

Joe

#423854  by Sir Ray

emfinite wrote:FYI: two Southern boxcars spotted on the end of the Eldee siding next to PC Richards in Deer Park.
Is this the former location of SalesMaster, as described in a earlier thread Here? (since the siding went SW off the mainline, past PC Richards and on down), or is there a siding heading SE off the main, past Home Depot and on to where EDO was? (I know of no sidings crossing LI Avenue North in that area)
 #556542  by jayrmli

With the local (and national) economy crapping out, this thread definitely deserves another look.
Historically, this thread always runs hot and hold. And what happens when the economy improves? Bring it back?

One of the reasons it was created was to keep off-topic posts out of the LIRR forum. If you eliminate this forum, that problem returns.

Jay
 #556580  by Sir Ray

jayrmli wrote:
With the local (and national) economy crapping out, this thread definitely deserves another look.
Historically, this thread always runs hot and hold. And what happens when the economy improves? Bring it back?

One of the reasons it was created was to keep off-topic posts out of the LIRR forum. If you eliminate this forum, that problem returns.
Jay, not sure where you're going with this?
The thread was bumped because the economy is suckier than last year, and the Roman Army :P wants to know if any further NY&A clients have cut-back on rail freight. The Legion didn't question the purpose of this forum at all, just wanted an business update.
If the economy picks up again, we'll start a new thead: 'NY & A Customer who've been gettin' too much action lately'

Re:

#557295  by RPM2Night

tushykushy wrote:Yes, last week I believe 5 bombs made their way out to BH. Our PT Pompano resident can confirm this.

How often do they get cars out their in BH?

As far as service in general, are there any customers that get cars daily?
 #557574  by freightguy

Supposedly the rule of thumb is now they will go out there when 5 cars are released or need to be spotted. That is the sole costumer east of PD. I guess with Best Building Supply out of the picture in Speonk yard it's not cost worthy to run out to Bridehampton even though propane cars bring in more than others. Eastport feeds was always sporadic, make that 2 costumers east of Patchogue!

Re:

#565406  by RPM2Night

badneighbor wrote:just last week 3-4 tankers rolled through Bay Shore... they surely went to BH, no one else on south shore takes tanks... unless a new place was added.

NYAR was out in Bridgehampton thursday swapping the empty cars for loads.

Speaking of customers on the Montauk branch, does the customer off of PT DEF, east of Mastic Shirley, still get cars?

Also, I saw some loaded garbage cars going eastbound through Jamaica a few days ago. Where do they go?
 #565615  by mainline

Best Lumber received 3-6 cars per week. The LIRR wanted a flag man for unloading due to the centerbeams being unloaded from track 6. Still in business. Not sure if any of their lumber is unloaded at another facility. They are a customer of Sherwood Lumber in Holtsville who is a wholesaler.