Railroad Forums 

• NS (Maersk-Sealand) Engine

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #208701  by FireChaserE3

Hey all,

I know that NS has an engine painted in the Maersk-Sealand colors. I was kind of curious as to where this engine os now. I work for Maersk Sealand, and would like to get a shot of this engine, especially now that we are no longer goning to use the name "Maersk Sealand."

Can anyone tell me where this engine is primarilly located...which yard?

Jim F.

#210189  by FireChaserE3

I need to try to find that one to get a picture of it...so I guess I'll be scouting around PA where the last sighting was.

I, unlike the article, would like to see Maersk-Sealand buy this engine when NS is finished with it and do something to preserve it. Maybe that's just me and I may be a bit partial.

#210262  by railohio

It's been calling northern Ohio home for the last year. It's been based out of Homewood (Toledo), Blair (Fostoria), and Twinsburg (Cleveland). It's two most common assignments have been the Bellevue to Fostoria turn and the Toledo to Twinsburg manifests.
 #239824  by dwil89

The 3329 was originally Conrail 6358, Conrail's first new SD40-2. It has been sighted recently on intermodal trains between Chicago and New Jersey.

#241125  by shlustig

It is currently at Rockport Yard in Cleveland. Was working one of the local freights yesterday.