• NS Geometry Train

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by NaugMOW

There is some interesting news coming out on other forums - I'm not one to steal posts so I'll leave it at that but look around and you'll find it. I usually take all this NS talk with a grain of salt but it seems for once something is really happening. No word on the details but it seems we'll know by the end of the month.
  by mick

[quote="NV290"][quote="newpylong"]
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

by mick

[quote="NV290"
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by roberttosh

It's funny how many people on this board ridiculed anyone that said there was stuff going on between NS/PAR over the past couple of years. I never knew for sure (and still don't!) if some kind of sale or agreement will ever take place, but I have known with 110% certainty that the two parties have been negotiating something like this for a very long time. PAR is not the easiest group to make a deal with. I guess a lot of people will have egg on their faces if something does happen and perhaps the moral of the story is that if someone is telling you that they have "first hand" knowledge of something that is going on, then they should perhaps be taken a bit more seriously...

by NV290

mick wrote:If the pilot was a manager they have a claim. And time claims get paid eventually, one way or another. Some people may know more than you may think they know, just because you think they don't know does not mean they don't know what you think they don't .
Skynard Rules!
What? Ive read that three times, still do not follow what you are trying to say?

A manager can pilot a non reveune train anytime they want and no claim can be filed. They had a rail grinder on our property last month and it had a manager as a pilot. No issue at all.

by NV290

roberttosh wrote:It's funny how many people on this board ridiculed anyone that said there was stuff going on between NS/PAR over the past couple of years. I never knew for sure (and still don't!) if some kind of sale or agreement will ever take place, but I have known with 110% certainty that the two parties have been negotiating something like this for a very long time. PAR is not the easiest group to make a deal with. I guess a lot of people will have egg on their faces if something does happen and perhaps the moral of the story is that if someone is telling you that they have "first hand" knowledge of something that is going on, then they should perhaps be taken a bit more seriously...
When the argument is that the person needs to provide proof, sometimes that cannot be arranged. But that does'nt make their info untrue. People just need to relax and not get so bent out of shape. Do people sometimes post rumours that turn out to be untrue? sure. Does any harm come of it?, no. This is after all a discussion forum.
  by Gary Young

When the argument is that the person needs to provide proof, sometimes that cannot be arranged. But that does'nt make their info untrue. People just need to relax and not get so bent out of shape. Do people sometimes post rumours that turn out to be untrue? sure. Does any harm come of it?, no. This is after all a discussion forum.
I heard about NS buying out Guilford/PanAm for five years now.Maybe it is true or not this time.I just do not like it when they do not sign there first and last names to a subject they put out about PanAM

by bwparker1

chadb9 wrote:There is some interesting news coming out on other forums - I'm not one to steal posts so I'll leave it at that but look around and you'll find it. I usually take all this NS talk with a grain of salt but it seems for once something is really happening. No word on the details but it seems we'll know by the end of the month.
Any chance you could link to it or point us in the right direction, such as a certain Yahoo group?

Thanks, I just don't have a ton of time to be following 15 different boards.

Brooks

by bwparker1

One other thing, does NS have trackage rights on CP between Binghamton and Albany on CP? Isn't that stretch of track owned by CP, so if there were any true run throughs or true trackage rights, wouldn't CP be involved?

Thanks,
Brooks

by MEC407

roberttosh wrote:I guess a lot of people will have egg on their faces if something does happen and perhaps the moral of the story is that if someone is telling you that they have "first hand" knowledge of something that is going on, then they should perhaps be taken a bit more seriously...
I understand where you're coming from, but you need to look back at all the times that people have come on here foaming at the mouth with reports of NS buying the entire GRS system "by the end of the year" or "by the end of the month" or whatever... and they're 100% convinced that it's true because they heard about it from so-and-so at East Deerfield or from someone who heard it from someone else who heard it from a conductor who heard it from a signalman who heard it from a T.O.M. who heard it from another conductor who heard it from another T.O.M... you get the picture.

"Hearing something from someone" does not constitute "first hand knowledge." First hand knowledge would be if you were actually at a negotiation meeting with PAR and NS officials.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

by MEC407

Just a gentle reminder that the subject of this thread is "NS Geometry Train" -- and I'd love it if everybody could keep that in mind and try to stay on topic. Thanks. :wink:
  by roberttosh

Gary Young wrote:
I heard about NS buying out Guilford/PanAm for five years now.Maybe it is true or not this time.I just do not like it when they do not sign there first and last names to a subject they put out about PanAM
I would never say my name because the people that have given me the info were DIRECTLY involved with the negotiations and I would never want to get them in trouble. I'm as sick and tired as anyone about nothing ever happenning, but again, that doesn't mean that there aren't serious discussions taking place and you'd think people would be happy about getting this info vs having the thread locked.... As for the whole PAR system being sold - very doubtful - I'm hearing it's Ayer/Chelmsford/Lawrence West and not sure whether it would be a sale, joint operations or what not. And again, I woulddn't be shocked if it all fell apart, but I'll say it again, they have been trying to make a deal for some time - no ifs and or buts about it!!

by NaugMOW

NERAIL or Guilford Rail Sightings (Gary's group)
  by Gary Young

chadb9 wrote:NERAIL or Guilford Rail Sightings (Gary's group)
Were not taking on new members to the first of the new year.

by mick

[quote="NV290"][quote="mick"]
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.