Railroad Forums 

• NS coal on WNYP

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#80538  by charlie6017

I was wondering if someone knows how often NS is using the WNYP for their coal runs? How many days a week or times per day? I know the line connects with the "Tier" at CP-CASS in Hornell, where does the coal trains connect to the WNYP on the west end? Are the times sporadic for these trrains?? Thanks in advance!
 #80728  by EHBLABEY

The westernmost point of interchange between the WNYP and NS is Meadville, PA.

#80729  by charlie6017

Thanks for the info, guys. So if I'm understanding it right, an eastbound will run the Allegany & Eastern from NS's own Nickel Plate line and connect to the WNYP at Meadville and use this as a way to bypass Buffalo and vice versa for westbounds?
 #80797  by pablo

NS trains come on the WNYP at Meadville. The Allegheny and Eastern has nothing to do with the WNYP trains, or with the NS coal trains, aside from an occasional car for interchange. The NS trains start at Meadville and go off the WNYP at CP-CASS in Hornell, NY.

#80869  by charlie6017

Okay.....thanks. I just was'nt sure if the trains originated from a point further west. I appreciate everyone's help!