Railroad Forums 

• NS/BNSF engines in Lowell?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#221549  by eotd

I know this could be like drinking kerosene and pissing on a brushfire, but here goes anyway.
A friend of mine told me she saw 3 lone engines creep through Lowell this weekend. Apparently it was a BNSF in the lead with 2 NS engines trailing, with nothing else.

I have read about GTI leasing CSX engines before, but does this seem odd to anyone else?

#221577  by octr202

Run-thru power for Bow coal trains. Its NS pwoer as far as GRS is concerned.

#221742  by peterw

Come soon you will see more NS on Guilford track!

#221743  by peterw

Oh yea and after that it will soon be NS track. :wink:
 #221764  by SPACEMONKEY

Yea, then it will be UP track, until Pam Am Railroad buys it back and sells it to CP!! hahaah
 #221869  by eotd

SPACEMONKEY wrote:Yea, then it will be UP track, until Pam Am Railroad buys it back and sells it to CP!! hahaah
ooh, that could be the best theory yet! can we add RailAmerica into the this sordid scheme somehow? they're such an easy target.
 #222300  by SPACEMONKEY

you can only comment in this JOKE thread about REAL Railroads like PAM AM RAILWAYS, now that is a well managed machine!!

#222308  by octr202

Maybe Pan Am Railways is going to buy the NS. Maybe we've had it all wrong all this time.... :wink:

(for anyone new to this board, do not take this post seriously.)

#222347  by TPR37777

I heard they were looking at 40 year old locomotives that could fly and a new Boeing passenger jet that could pull intermodals.