Railroad Forums 

• Norfolk Southern Enployment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1417018  by blake1205

I have recently decided to try to join on with NS as a conductor, however I am worried about a part of my background check. Just over a year ago I was arrested for a misdemeanor domestic disturbance charge. The whole situation was silly and I learned a lot from the experience. On the bright side I was not convicted and shortly after I had the charge completely dismissed due to the insignificant circumstances that led to the arrest. I am currently paying a lawyer who is in the process of getting the arrest expunged from my record and my lawyer claims that once it is done that I can legally say I've never been arrested and my background check should show the same. Does anyone think this will hender me in any way with getting hired? Is there any advice out there that I should be aware of?
 #1417220  by saleens330

From everything that I have read, just tell them about it. Explain that it was fixed and will be removed. If you say no but for some reason when they look and it's there, you definitely will be passed on.