Railroad Forums 

• NK Interlocking & engine changes

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#236609  by M.R. Snell

Good morning everyone,

I recently recieved an e-mail from a gentleman who is looking for diagrams for NK Interlocking (Newark NJ) for use in constructing a model railroad. He is particularly intersted in an engine change that related to passenger operations at that location approximately 50 years ago.

I model post 1976 so all my research info would be of no use to him. Anyone have anything I can direct him to? Thanks!

M.R. Snell
Railroad.net: "Along The Line" column

#236670  by GOLDEN-ARM

I believe there is a track diagram, in the Greenberg & Fischer LV book, although I don't have mine handy. I believe the interlockings are represented for all points, between Lehighton and NK, if I am thinking correctly. (a rareity, to be sure) :-D

#240558  by GRSJr

Don't have a track diagram, but he can watch the interchange of LV passenger trains at NK in the video/DVD, "Memories of the LV" vol 1 & 2.

The exchange is between LV PA and PRR GG1 for the final leg to Penn Station in Manhattan. It's an interesting exchange.