Railroad Forums 

• New rumour regarding CN and the CSX Montreal Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#20252  by jbeckley68

I was on the Trains.com forum yesterday, and noticed a new rumour has hit the forums. I hear that the CN is going to take over the Montreal secondary all the way into Dewitt yard? (Relieve the congestion they have in Buffalo?) Now this is just what I read.... , a Syracuse railroad employee I talked to last nigh has heard this as well? Anyone hear this one?

#20256  by NYSW3614

That's been a rumor ever since before the CR split. If CN gets to Syracuse, they potentially can get to NYC via NYSW and then CN gets to NYC. NS and CSX would be po'd. I doubt CSX will sell the line to CN, but the results would be interesting.

Joshua

#20292  by sd80mac

After STB rejected CN request to obtain Montreal Secondary in NS/CSX takeover, I dont think so...

ken

#20432  by nysw3636

As far as the NYS&W situation in this topic goes, NYS&W and CN were negotiating before the CR split. It was to be known as the "NorthEast Alliance". It never panned out, so DO System went with the CSX/NS buyout for protection. That leads to next scenerio of CN getting to NYC( do you mean NJ??). Why would CSX/NS let CN go over NYS&W tracks to get into NJ?? Doubt they would let that happen as CSX/NS own a % of the NYS&W. Would be a nice change, but I would bet NYS&W getting the Montreal Secondary before CN ever gets it. Hey, ya never know!!!

ASD
 #20456  by jbeckley68

I overheard again tonight at local CSX pub/hangout. "CSX employee Told another gentleman that he is staying with CSX until CN takes over?" Didn't know I was listening in...

You are all probably right though, just another rumour?

#20731  by roadster

Latest rumor, in Buffalo and Rochester is that the CN is Bidding for CSX's entire former CR water level route.
 #20875  by TRR12

Heard the same rumor at the Lockport show a couple of weeks ago. Was supposed to take effect on July 1. checked STB site, nothing there so my guess is its pure BS. although I've NEVER been wrong before.

#20923  by trainfreak

I just want to check on this. What routes would the water level route include?
 #20925  by LCJ

trainfreak wrote:I just want to check on this. What routes would the water level route include?
Make up your own $multi-billion transaction, including as much of the "Water Level" as you'd like -- because it ain't happenin' anyway.

Just ask yourself, why would they sell this extremely high-density and high-capacity piece of property to a competing company?

#20953  by nessman

Word has it that the Genesee & Wyoming is seeking to buy the entire Norfolk Southern. It's true - a railfan told me!

#21055  by O-6-O

Hey Ness, I heard that too. Same fan told me the A&A was buying the
UP. Cool or what?

STEAM ON
/---OOO---

#21067  by Hoosierailnut

I heard BNSF wants to buy up the WLR all the way from Chicago to Pittsburgh! Heck they run enough run through power as it is on the WLR here in NE Indiana! kinda makes ya wonder!! LOL!! :wink: