Railroad Forums 

• New Rail Security Plan

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#334805  by gprimr1

I support the idea of requiring minimum's for the quality of cars used, but I think that they should also have restrictions on what tracks can be used.

#335048  by octr202

Reading some of the more extensive parts of these articles sounds to me like a recipie to push more hazmat shipments off railroads and onto trucks -- not sure how that makes us safer...

#335095  by RussNelson

Sigh. Any time you make one form of transportation more expensive, it causes a shift to all other kinds of transportation. Per mile travelled, airplane travel is already safer than any other form of travel. So, spending money on airplane safety is bad public policy since it hurts those people who now can't afford airplanes more than it helps those who continue to fly.

Why can't politicians learn economics? Oh, but if they did, then they'd realize that most of their legislation disrupts the public good.