Railroad Forums 

• New Hope Passenger Power

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#274250  by geep39

Across the street from the Willow Grove "terminal" was a power house that was used to power the trolleys. I remember a coal dock with a faded boscar red colored hopper parked on it for a long time. The power house was torn down in the '50's too.

On the subject of buses, did you know that the Reading ran buses along Easton Road? The idea was to substitute them for trains on "off peak" hours. I don't know how far they went, but I'd bet they at least went to Hatboro. I remember my mom taking us up to Easton Road in Roslyn, and waiting for a bus. I saw a PTC bus coming, and my mom said: "No, we're taking the READING bus". They were gray with blue trim. I don't know how long they lasted, but I bet it wasn't very long!