Railroad Forums 

• NEW HIRE ETP PAY RATE

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1381775  by Bgunn17

Hello All,
Can someone please tell me the current pay rate(STUDENT RATE) for incumbents in the Engineer Training Program (ETP) as well as the current full rate of pay for engineers and the current progression schedule? All for Amtrak. Thank you very much. Also, does anyone have any info on my chances of getting hired "off the street" for an engineer position? I recently applied for an engineer trainee position. Again thanks alot!

:-D
 #1381899  by 8th Notch

Bgunn17 wrote:Hello All,
Can someone please tell me the current pay rate(STUDENT RATE) for incumbents in the Engineer Training Program (ETP) as well as the current full rate of pay for engineers and the current progression schedule? All for Amtrak. Thank you very much. Also, does anyone have any info on my chances of getting hired "off the street" for an engineer position? I recently applied for an engineer trainee position. Again thanks alot!

:-D
Without knowing any of your previous job experience, hard to say what your chances will be. Amtrak only hires very few people at a time for each posting so your chances of being hired off the street are slim (not impossible.) I did have a lot of Vets in my class when I went through the program so if you are one then that should help.
 #1381969  by Bgunn17

I'm mainly management and customer service however I did clean cars for metro north about 15 years ago so I am familiar with the railroad. In not a vet so I hope that I still have a shot at this. If not I'll just keep trying. Thanks.