• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Providence and Worcester

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Providence and Worcester

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
  • 457 posts
  by NHV 669

Amherst College Webcam got them at 10:41, 14 racks in all on the headpin. Another interesting load a few cars back of those, looked like a long container on a flat car.
  by steam1246

Has the auto traffic experiment come to an end? Any comments on its success or lack thereof? Rumor(s) out there that NS/PAS made some changes to get the traffic back.
  by NHV 669

Got a quick grab of 600 today, happened to show up in WRJ right before they left town. Here they are at Nutt Lane:

by Rockingham Racer

Thanks! Is it correct to assume that the switch is a radio-controlled one? I don't see a signal.
  by Allouette

Switch is CTC controlled. Signals are out of the frame.
  by NHV 669

Yes, directly to my right, just into the yard. Wasnt sure, thanks for the answer. There's another one at the end of the North yard, I know both of these are somewhat new. Last 10 years or so?
  by Allouette

The ABS signals used to end just south of Nutt Lane, with CTC only between Windsor and Brattleboro. During the 2013 upgrade the ABS signals north of Windsor were added to CTC, as were the north and south switches for the NECR's White River Junction yard, so CTC extends to Mill Road at about MP 16. I think the switch at Bank (south end of the old B&M yard) is still hand-throw but with a CTC-controlled lock.

Google maps and street views images in Google Earth are all from before the rebuild, so signals (except the old ABS signal) aren't there. They do show in the satellite images in Google Earth.