Railroad Forums 

• New Colors

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#978159  by fromsuncook

I work next to the West Phoenix UPRR yard. I have been told by some the name is Campo. It is on the track that used to go west from Phoenix to Gila Bend and Yuma. I am not sure where rail service now ends on that track.

I walked outside on Monday and saw a bright blue GP40?? amongst all the faded yellow and grey/red. (I am just a gawker, most engines I see in this yard appear to be GP something) It had white lettering below the cab window but moved before I could get close enough to read it. Damn the old eyesight.

Any ideas?
 #983324  by fromsuncook

I figured it out. GMTX GP38-2. Probably 2602. Today I saw 2681. Thanks so much for all the replies.