Railroad Forums 

• New book

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#148776  by MEC407

http://www.railsacrossnewengland.com/

Looks like this will have lots of nice Guilford/MEC/B&M content!

#150463  by b&m 1566

It looks like it's going to be a good one!!! I may have to get myself one :-)

#151473  by AznSumtinSumtin

Aww poo, Massachusetts isn't in this volume :( . I just ordered this volume though :-) . I hope its good.

#151517  by MEC407

Massachusetts usually gets more attention than its northern neighbors. It's kinda nice that those of us up here won't have to wait "for the next edition" as is so often the case! :-D

#151620  by Robert Paniagua

I remember the original Guilford Book, "Guilford, 5 Years of change, 1983-1988", by Scott Hartley and Tom Nelligan, who also happens to be a Forum participant. It showed many Guilford engines under the Guilford Transportation Industries Era (GTI) and it showed some good photos, especially the trains passing through fall foliage, and even some Amtrak trains (the old Montrealer going thru Northampton via Mt Tom), and Mattamakewag Yard and Mechanichsvill yard. I got it in 1990 just days before a train trip I took thru the Adirondack Amtrak route, which was also featured on that book as well. Hopefully this new book willl be just as good as the original ones.

#151676  by MEC407

I've been trying to obtain a copy of Five Years of Change for a while now. Too bad that it's out of print. I've seen copies on eBay several times, but I always get out-bid at the last minute. I've found them at used book stores too, but they always seem to want a ridiculously high price like $50 or more. There are a few libraries in Maine that have it, and I've been able to borrow it via interlibrary loan a few times.

Maybe somebody with the necessary resources could put together a new Guilford book called 20 Years of Change (1983-2003)! A lot has happened since 1988.