Railroad Forums 

• My LIRR Website Update November 2022

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1611382  by nyandw

#1612433  by nyandw

Hi Folks, 382 views this month (my gondola question doesn't count), but the usual 1-2 kudos. Perhaps after 12 years I need to discontinue this task, as the feedback is zero. Is it the links, no inputs, boring/of no interest, or (you tell me)? I'll note that, frequently, other topics gain "nice traction" where speculation, opinions, false info, etc. abounds with no resolution. Such is the nature of what we do.

But, nary a reply on the over 50-100 pictures/topics/webpages monthly indicates I have a problem. Just an example is this months question I asked: "...gondolas types/usage within the last several decades..." Not one person has any input?

The topics run the gamut from NYA, modern LIRR, to the 19th Century photos/research and .therefore. it should appeal to a variety of interests, yes?
 #1612491  by EdwardHand

I plead guilty. As a person who lurks all the usual suspects for information, I am not the one who gives the most obvious hosannas. With that said I go to you first for all my tags etc. Your site is definitely appreciated and I hope the internet archives preserve it.
To share your pain It is disappointing that Pussy Willow from Martha's Garden club slide show library receives the most views.
Because all good deeds don't go unpunished I would love to see you do a piece on the first MU run to KO and who were all those happy people hanging out the windows of #9825-26.
As an aside to Mr Gluck; Scan, post everything you can and if you can email said items to those who may care, most but not all will appreciate it. I have family photos from from 130ty years ago that no one will care about but you never know. I post the good bad and the ugly because it may be the only one. Slides do not last! Scan and share.
 #1612546  by EdwardHand

I was at the Brentwood PO when I heard a horn that was not a GP38. I chased it to KO and back, just lucky for me and they were very happy. The Date may not be exact but close, I tag dates based on my T&A sheet from work.
Attachments:
1987-12-14-80.jpg
1987-12-14-80.jpg (6.78 MiB) Viewed 503 times
1987-12-14-74.jpg
1987-12-14-74.jpg (7.34 MiB) Viewed 503 times
 #1612579  by C-LINER 2001

Hello Steve,
I enjoy your work on this site and your "Trains are Fun" as well, Railroad.net don't have the draw like it use to, but everyday I cheek it out for LIRR history and modeling, I know put your heart and soul into it and I'm very thank you for your works and I hope you stay in what your doing.
Bob.