Railroad Forums 

• my first pic on Railpictures.net

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#41723  by trainfreak

Nice shot. I remember when i got my first photo accepted there. But for everything else that doesnt get accepted i have my albums at rrpicturearchives.net.

#41887  by Railpac

Great shot man! For ameature rail photographers like ourselves, getting the first shot on Railpictures.net is somewhat of a mile stone, marking the point when our photos were "finally good enough." :P Anyway, looking good so far, good luck, and happy shooting! :wink:

#41957  by trainfreak

Another good shot. Nice job! I wish i could go fanning more often to have more chances of getting my photos to raipictures.net. Oh well i guess ill have to wait until i get my license and a car.

#55904  by trainfreak

Im not sure exactley what they look for in photos but when the shots are rejected they will give a reason such as "too dark" "bad cropping" etc. It sometimes takes a while to get your first shot excepted.

#57776  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea it does take a lot of tries to get a photo in. i use irfanview to crop my pictures, make them bigger and smaller. When they say bad cropping, crop the picture again a different way and then send it back.