Railroad Forums 

• MSTS routes

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#205703  by benltrain

are there any commuter or Amtrak northeast based routes besides northeast corridor, MBTA?
anybody know of any in the works?
looking especially for NJT, metro-north, LIRR, SEPTA, MARC, VRE, MBTA, SLE, and anything else you got.

#206433  by Lirr168

Go to http://www.train-sim.com

They have an MBTA route, a NJ (not exclusively NJT) route, and there is an extended NEC with SEPTA stations.

#206460  by benltrain

should have mentioned what i already have...

what does the newer 16 part MBTA have opposed to the 4 part? just providence line?
i have NEC 4.0?
and what is the NJT route?

#206620  by Lirr168

I myself have not tried the newer MBTA route; not being from Mass. I do not have the dedication to sit here and download hundreds of megabytes of files! The NJ is called (I believe) Newark and New Jersey Railroading, but I unfortunately cannot log-in at the moment to check; searching for New Jersey under the Routes section should do the trick. It has essentially all the trackage that existed in the years leading upto the creation of Conrail, which makes for a HUGE and really fun route to navigate.

#206627  by pgengler

It's worth noting that the Newark & New Jersey route isn't particularly passenger oriented. It does include most of the old waterfront terminals (DL&W, CNJ, etc.) but it's primarily a freight route and doesn't include full lines with passenger stations.