Railroad Forums 

• MSTS Activity Editor freeze

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#153098  by Akduke

I was wondering if anyone is having the same problems I am having with the MSTS activity editor. I have gotten some new routes about 2 months ago and want to make my own activities. I get going good on my activity and then it freezes up on me. After that I get an error message from the thing and it asks me to send the info or dont send it. So I have been sending it, I dont know who it is going to but I am sure nobody cares anyway LOL. If there are any fixes for it I would be very happy to hear them.

#153120  by pgengler

I think everyone that uses the AE ends up getting those crashes sometimes. There are some things that are sure to cause a crash, like trying to create a passing path on a section of double-tracked line, but sometimes the app is just a little flaky.
I've heard that the included utilities (the Activity Editor, the Route Editor, etc.) are just slightly prettified versions of the same utilities used to create the routes and activities included by default.

The only advice I can offer is to save often, that way when the program does crash, you haven't lost too much work.