Railroad Forums 

• MOVIE: Disney's Bolt

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#601438  by Death Star

Saw a trailer when I went to see The Dark Knight. It features a computer generated EMD Mac series engine in big Conrail blue. It doesn't have any Conrail logos or white on it, but it does have all blue Conrail paint. Couldn't tell you what kind of Mac. Didn't see any flared wings on it, so it might be either an SD70MAC, SD60I, SD60M (Wide Cab, not draper taper style) or an older SD70M without wings. If anyone has seen the trailer and can identidfy the engine, much appreciated.
 #602324  by atsf sp

I have seen this commercial and I think it was just a way to get a train in the movie. I don't think we had a Conrail design team get us a 70MAC. Although I thought the colors looked more like a rental unit possibly CEFX. But as I said. It was a kid movie so it was probably not accurate.
 #685082  by deandremouse

Its A SD60M, number 432. No flared radiators like on a MAC or SD70M
Last edited by deandremouse on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #690387  by Death Star

deandremouse wrote:Its A SD60M, number 432. Now flared radiators like on a MAC or SD70M
I just saw that scene. It's a CSX SD60M and it's a mistake they put 432 as the number. CSX never had an SD60M with the number 432.
 #695575  by Plate F

Death Star wrote:
deandremouse wrote:Its A SD60M, number 432. Now flared radiators like on a MAC or SD70M
I just saw that scene. It's a CSX SD60M and it's a mistake they put 432 as the number. CSX never had an SD60M with the number 432.
Not necessarily a mistake. Many movies feature numbers of aircraft and buses, etc. that do not exist, therefore they are not responsible for any design inaccuracies. In fact, model train manufactures do this deliberately in many cases.

What I want to know is if CSX paid Disney to incorporate them into this? It certainly is a sneaky way to advertise.

WATCH THE SCENE HERE (FF to 3:30 and watch in HD! Locos visible again at 5:44)