Railroad Forums 

• Morris' transit chief en route to new a life in retirement

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#40338  by railtrailbiker

Frank Reilly, a longtime mass transportation advocate known for his love of trains, will retire from his job as head of Morris County's Division of Transportation Management at the end of August.

Reilly, who will be 62 on Aug. 13, has been head of the division for the past 35 years. He has been credited with bringing countless transportation grants into the county, starting a county bus service and another service to transport seniors and the disabled who need medical treatments.

He announced his plans to retire last week, saying that he wants to take advantage of a state program that makes early retirement easier for public employees. He said he plans to spend his time doing something he loves -- writing books about trains.

"I've been putting off writing a couple of railroad books for the past 35 years," Reilly said.

His last day on the job will be Aug. 31, he said, and county officials have not yet announced a replacement.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/news/article ... kfrank.htm

#40472  by cjvrr

I just found out last Wednesday. He told me he "is pulling the pin". There are several high level and long time employees leaving for retirement due to the buyout being offered by the State and the County.

No announcement has been made about a replacement. He has an unbelievable wealth of knowledge about the transportation industry. Mr. Reilly did say even in retirement he would be available as needed to keep some of the projects rolling.

Chris, in the MC Engineering Dept.