Railroad Forums 

• Middlesex Valley-LVRR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1637117  by SST

I was just remising about the times I use to fly into Middlesex Valley airport. The owners at that time use to have a weekend only restaurant business and everybody, including me would fly in for breakfast. Lots of fun. The last time I was there was 10/25/2009. The grass strip was really wet...in short, I don't know how I got away with my departure.

I recall a time when I drove my car there instead of flying. I seem to recall a path and I was just looking for it on google street view. I don't see it. But I did find this historical marker and I thought I'd post it here. There are no pics of this LVRR station on the Existing Railroads Station list. Maybe add this?

https://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis. ... umbfov=100

Edit: The link above isn't worth posting. I tried various ways to capture the street view image but nothing would allow me to paste the picture here. Try this pinpoint LAT/LON: 42.70434342308154, -77.27556453414464
 #1637123  by SST

I did locate the path further south towards Naples. Looks like there are even a couple of bridges still in place. I may go down this coming summer and start at the JCT of Rte 21 S at Bristol Springs Road on the north side of Naples. From the street view it appears it is not a crushed stone path but grass only.
 #1637138  by pumpers

Good find! Are you saying that the house is the former station , or that the station went away when train service ended in 1970. The sign isn't 100% clear.
Jim S
 #1637176  by SST

Yeah that's what I thought too. Definitely not a depot. But good positioning.