Railroad Forums 

• Metro North hiring ??

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1247850  by Superz

I truly hope someone in these forums can help me out with some good advice, greatly appreciate it. I applied for the Machinist position in M of W for Metro North last summer. I took the written exams and passed all. I did the hands on test and interview, both went great and got positive feedback. Then in early Dec. i took the physical ability test and was offered a conditional offer of hire. I then took all the medical tests of which i was told at that moment went well and passed all, except for the wiz test which would require a few days to come back. Now since I have never touched drugs or use meds i dont feel the need to worry about that.
My question is what happens next ? I was told after the physical exams that within a week the recruiter would call, and he didnt. I have tried to call and ask for more info and were exactly do I stand, but every time im told that they will call me- with no luck. I tried emails but yet no response. This is driving me nuts, just not knowing were you stand sucks. I thought after all these tests that i would at least be given a time frame to wait on. Maybe one of you could chime in, thank you
 #1247929  by DutchRailnut

try mta website under doing business with us.
or read topics in employment section of this board.
 #1248806  by Superz

I tried that, doesn't help much though. Would metro north go forward with physical and drug test and simply not hire even if all passed ok? I wonder how often you have to redo the drug/physical testing
 #1249122  by andrefrmnewhaven

I have an interview on Wednesday. If possible can anyone givee me an idea of the kind of questions they ask on the interview for signal trainee position. Would hate to get this far and then get caught off guard. Is it more geared towards the job or is it more general???? Any help would be greatly appreciated
 #1253435  by ed1979

I am not sure that everyone with a conditional offer receives a final offer, hopefully you get a phone call asking you to fill out a 2nd background check online and be prepared to be able to verify previous employment and education(w2's, paystubs, diplomas, degrees or transcripts) because they asked me for all of it even though I filled out the online form. Also you can be waiting while, I did all three tests last halloween and just started a week ago. Hope this helps, Good luck.